Spring has sprung here in Destin! Our town is full of families and college kids trying to get some sun during their spring break. Traffic has picked up, the beaches are busy and groups of sorority girls and frat guys fill the grocery stores. It’s funny seeing them sport their letters and play beer pong on the beach. I feel like college wasn’t that long ago for me (I graduated in 2012), but after seeing them buying carts full of booze I realize I’m much older and lamer than I think haha. This is the first time I’ve experienced the spring break crowd and I’m sure it’s just a warm up for the crazy summers! I’ll miss the quiet restaurants and my walks on the empty beaches, but I’m excited for the warm weather! Goodbye sweaters, hello sundresses! Here are some of my favorite spring outfits from years past to give you (and myself) some spring fashion inspiration:
1. White jeans with a blue and white striped top. These white skinny jeans are very versatile! I especially love pairing them with striped tops for a nautical vibe.
2. White lace and gingham. An easy way to pattern mix!
3. Midi Dress. Great for layering with a lightweight jacket while it’s still chilly! Here are a ton of cute ones.
4. Sundress with lace-up sandals. I lived in these sandals last year, so I’m excited to start wearing them again!
5. Patterned shorts with a simple cami and vest. Remember the “Third Piece Rule” for your spring outfits!
6. White jeans with an off the shoulder top. Shoulder-baring tops and dresses are still popular for spring and summer!
7. Sweater tank with distressed skinny jeans and a bandana. Adding a lightweight scarf instantly elevates this simple combo. This silk scarf is my favorite and comes in 8 patterns!
8. Gingham and bows. I love mixing this preppy pattern with feminine details.
9. Distressed jeans with a white eyelet top. The girly top balances out the casual, tomboy-style jeans.
10. Sundress with a low back.
11. White sundress with a denim jacket. A denim jacket is a great layering piece for spring because it goes with everything! I’ve had this one for years, but this under $40 option would be a great addition to your closet.