We’ve had a fun week/weekend because my in-laws are currently visiting us from Wyoming! They flew into New Orleans so we met them there and stayed at an Airbnb for a couple of nights. We have been to New Orleans once before since it’s only a 4 hour drive from our house, so it was fun to explore new parts of the city and take advantage of the 80-degree temps! It was the first time I’ve worn shorts in a few months and homegirl needs a tan haha. I bought these distressed denim shorts last year and have seriously gotten my money’s worth! They are super soft and stretchy, plus they go with everything! Thankfully they are still in stock because I might buy a second pair in case anything ever happens to these ones. I love them that much and they are under $80, so probably a wise decision. Comfortable shorts are a must when traveling during the warmer months and below are my other essentials for spring/summer road trip outfit:
- Loose T-shirt. I hate skin-tight clothing, especially when it’s humid and I’m eating a lot. This bell sleeve top is perfect for traveling because it’s cute, comfy and hides my food baby ;) Also, it’s made out of a thicker, textured material which makes it a step up from a typical tee. And stripes. Need I say more?
- Sunglasses. Having lived in Las Vegas and now Florida, sunglasses have become a daily staple. It’s just habit to put them on every time I leave the house and I always keep them in my purse. This pair from Banana Republic is the latest addition to my collection. I love the blush tones and they fit really well!
- Comfortable Sneakers. Key word comfortable! Rob and I do a lot of walking when we travel to a new city. These white tennis shoes from Banana Republic were perfect for this trip! They went with all of my outfits and didn’t give me any blisters. I also love the cute gold detail on the back!
- Versatile handbag. You know I love my Madewell purse! I wear it literally every day and it is perfect for traveling, too. The crossbody style allows me to have my hands free for taking photos and it fits my wallet, sunglasses, camera and other necessities pretty easily. Plus the neutral color goes with any outfit.
- Jean shorts. See my love letter about these jean shorts in the paragraph above :)
[one_half padding=”0 10px 0 0″][/one_half] [one_half_last padding=”0 0 0 10px”][/one_half_last]