As spring fashion trends start showing up in stores, it looks like bomber jackets are here to stay for another season! Honestly it took me a while to get on board with this style. I wasn’t sure if I could pull off the sporty look since I learn towards more feminine pieces. That all changed when I saw this patterned bomber jacket because the colors and print add a girly touch! I’ve also seen lace, blush and chic striped jackets that make it easy to wear this “cool girl” piece even if your personal style is far from edgy. I first sported my bomber jacket this fall when we went to Nashville. It was perfect for throwing on over shorts and a T-shirt for exploring the city, like I did here for trying some delicious cronuts! I have also worn it multiple times here at home, especially on the weekends. I dressed it up with jeans and blush flats for a coffee run, which you can see in this Instagram pic. It has turned out to be a very versatile piece and I’m definitely considering adding another one to my closet! Keep reading to see why :)
Bomber Jacket, similar (under $50!) | Denim | Sneakers | Saddle Bag c/o | Sunglasses
5 Reasons Why You Need a Bomber Jacket:
- It instantly makes your outfit look sporty. Overall my personal style is very classic and feminine, but I love how sporty I feel as soon as I throw on a bomber jacket! Plus there are plenty of girly options, like lace and blush, if you want to soften the look.
- It can be dressed up or down. Obviously bomber jackets work well with jeans or leggings, but I’m also excited to wear mine over dresses and skirts this summer. How cute would that be with some lace-up sandals and a chic crossbody bag?!
- It looks cute tied around your waist. Speaking of wearing them with summer dresses, if it gets too hot for a jacket you can just tie it around your waist! This styling method also works well while wearing jeans and a T-shirt, similar to what I did here with a plaid button-up.
- It can be worn year-round. Some pieces of outerwear are too heavy to wear throughout the year, but bomber jackets are perfect for any season. They can be worn with warm-weather pieces, but also layered over a variety of tops or dresses during the winter.
- They have shifted from a trend to a staple. Bomber jackets have surpassed the “trend” label and have established themselves as a wardrobe staple. In my “New Year, New Closet” eBook (you can sign up here to receive it!), I talk about how it’s important to build a foundation of versatile, timeless pieces and bomber jackets definitely fall into that category. I don’t see them going out of style any time soon, so I’m sure you’ll get your money’s worth!
Shop More Bomber Jackets:
honestly i hate this trend haha probably the whole military-ish aspect of it turns me off to it but the print on this one is probably the best one i have seen.
Amy Ann Arnold says
I love the bomber jacket trend! This one is so fun and looks great on you. You styled it perfectly.
Straight A Style
Christie Moeller says
Love this one! That bomber is adorbs!
Nicky A says
Bomber jackets are a must for sure!!
wanderlust boulevard says
Ahh I have been wanting a bomber jacker for so long now! I love the different prints! x
Julia Mazzucato says
Love this outfit! You styled it so well.
Julia・Little Miss Haute Couture
Treats and Trends says
Thank you, Julia!