Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! How can you resist pancakes, French toast, waffles, bacon, eggs, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, fruit… the list goes on and on! It takes me a very long time to order when we go out for brunch. As much as I love breakfast, I hate waking up early to cook it. This berry oatmeal bake is great because it’ll last all week! I baked it on a Sunday night and then reheat it in the mornings. To add more protein I like to top it with Greek yogurt and stir it all up. It doesn’t look as pretty, but it sure tastes good!
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (or preferred kind)
- Plain Greek yogurt for serving
- Layer sliced bananas at the bottom of a 7″ x 11″ baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of fruit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together oatmeal, egg, milk, cream, honey, baking powder and vanilla. Layer over bananas and berries.
- Sprinkle on the remaining fruit and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes, until edges and top are golden.
- Serve warm or refrigerate to reheat in the morning for breakfast. Top with non-fat plain Greek Yogurt.
I’m always looking for new breakfast ideas. Thanks for giving me a new one! This looks delicious :)
Jamie Hatcher says
You’re welcome! I’m always looking for breakfast ideas, too, so let me know if you have any that I should try!