Who doesn’t love funfetti?! You can use it to celebrate your birthday or any day! I’ve had a boxed mix sitting around in my cupboard, but wasn’t in the mood for making an entire cake. Instead, I used it to make these cookie bars. They were delicious! It had the funfetti flavor, but the consistency of a buttery, chewy cookie. And how can you resist this batter? Let’s just say not all of it ended up in the pan…
- 1 1/4 cup funfetti cake mix
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 9×9 inch pan.
- Cream together butter, sugars, egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cake mix, flour and baking soda. Gradually add to butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack. Cool completely before cutting.