Thanksgiving weekend should be all about family, friends, food and football—ours definitely was! We had a lot of W’s in the Kamber household. My huskies won the Apple Cup, Wyoming defeated Nevada, and the Seahawks had an important victory over the panthers. We also watched a lot of football with our SEC friends, so they were happy to see Florida and Alabama win, too. I made this Everything Bagel Chex Mix to bring over to their house for the games. Chex Mix is a classic game day snack and I took it up a notch by adding Everything But The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s (it’s also available through Amazon if you’re unlucky like me and don’t have one nearby). Everyone raves about this seasoning, but I’m honestly not the biggest fan. I had only tried it sprinkled over eggs, which didn’t really do it for me. However, I LOVE it with this snack mix! Salt, garlic and onion are typical flavors with Chex Mix, but this seasoning blend also includes poppy seeds and sesame seeds. It’s a great way to mix up this classic party snack!
- 3 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 3 Cups Wheat Chex Cereal
- 3 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup mini pretzels or pretzel nuggets
- 1 cup garlic-flavored bagel chips, bite-sized or chopped into 1" pieces
- (or 1 cup oyster crackers)
- 1 cup mixed nuts, optional
- 7 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, everything bagel seasoning, salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Drizzle over cereal mixture and gently stir until coated.
- Transfer to ungreased roasting pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels or baking sheet to cool. Sprinkle with additional Everything but the Bagel seasoning if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Chex