Oreos + Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough = Cookie Heaven
When it comes to desserts, my favorite flavor combination is chocolate and peanut butter. It’s hard not to like, right? That’s why I thought these chocolate peanut butter cookie dough sandwich cookies would be perfect to make for a little dinner party at our house. A meal isn’t complete without some sweet treats!
The recipe is surprisingly simple. It uses ingredients that I already had in my kitchen and wasn’t too time consuming. I like to “test” the dough as I bake. Let’s just say not all of the eggless peanut butter dough made it to the cookies…
Homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Oreos
For the cookies:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 10 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
For the peanut butter cookie dough filling:
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars and mix until combined. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture and mix on low speed until dough forms.
- Take rounded teaspoon of dough and place on prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to slightly flatten the dough. Bake for 8 minutes, until set. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
For the filling:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter on medium-high speed until light and creamy. Add sugars and beat until combined. Add the milk and vanilla, beating until fully incorporated. Gradually add the flour and salt and mix on low speed until dough forms. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
To assemble the cookies:
- Drop 1 tablespoon of filling onto half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, pressing lightly to create a sandwich.