I hope you guys aren’t sick of chocolate peppermint recipes because I am all about them right now! According to this Instagram post, though, you guys enjoy this festive flavor combo as much as I do. If you’re looking for a simple treat with minimal ingredients, this brownie pudding parfait is for you! You start be preparing a 9″ x 9″ pan of your favorite brownies. I’m a fan of boxed brownie mixes and find that the Ghirardelli’s dark chocolate flavor is always a crowd pleaser. Here’s a quick tip for making them even better: add espresso powder! It won’t make them taste like coffee, but it will enhance the chocolate flavor. I typically add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon. Bake them as you normally would and let them cool.
Now for the pudding layer. Again, we are going to use the boxed stuff. Told you this was a simple recipe! I used Hershey’s white chocolate instant pudding mix and added 1/2 teaspoon of pure peppermint extract. Be careful not to add too much, otherwise it’ll taste like toothpaste. Last, but not least: layering! You can either use individual jars or create a larger trifle-style treat. Start with a layer of brownie pieces. I used my (clean!) hand to crumble the brownies as I added them to the jars. About an inch thick is perfect. Then spoon a layer of pudding on top. Then brownie, then pudding. Easy enough, right? Place into refrigerator for at least an hour so that the layers settle. When you’re ready to serve top them with crushed candy canes for a festive look and flavor! Ta da! Super easy and delicious. It’s a very versatile recipe, so feel free to try it with different pudding flavors!
- Favorite Brownie Mix + required ingredients
- 1/2 tsp. Espresso Powder
- White Chocolate Instant Pudding + required ingredients
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Peppermint Extract
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Prepare brownies according to the recipe or box, adding the espresso powder. Let cool.
- Prepare pudding according to the recipe or box, adding the peppermint extract.
- Crumble the brownies into small pieces. Create alternating layers of brownies and pudding, beginning with the brownie layer. Place in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Top with crushed candy canes before serving. Enjoy!